Monday, November 10, 2008

Saying Good Bye


I hate Sunday nights. It is so hard saying good bye to Jon. I am the luckiest girl in the world! I'm sure he doesn't want the world to know this, but as he was packing his bag last night tears started rolling down his cheeks. It was so adorable. It is definitely harder to be the one leaving, knowing that you have a 4 hour drive where you are going to do nothing but think about the other person and how you wish you could have stayed. We are definitely counting down the days until we don't have to say good bye. We leave for Miami in 12 days and board the ship the next day for our Western Caribbean cruise. This is going to be one of the best vacations I have ever been on. I love traveling with my family and having Jon there will be a bonus. Not only will he add so much fun to our vacation, we will save a lot of money on cell phone bills. (Don't talk on your cell phone in Mexico when it costs 99cents/minute. It adds up quickly!) I can't wait to spend an entire week with Jon. We have never had this kind of time together and we will enjoy every second. Jon fits into my family so well. They all adore him and are so excited for this new addition. My dad actually told me today that he likes Jon more than me. We get married in 51 days! I can't believe that there is a light at the end of the tunnel. I am so excited for this special day. I will never forget it and I get to spend eternity with my best friend!

14 comments:

Alesha said...

Hey there, Cierra and Jon! I'm glad I found your blog. I remember the long-distance stuff, and it was no fun. And I'm glad to see you already counting down...memories. Well, keep blogging, and have a great day! Oh, and Cara Schmardebeck is getting married January 7th.

Alesha said...

PS...this is Alesha Stucki, Jon's cousin's wife from the Merrill side.

the h fam. said...

i'm so excited for you! you guys are SO cute together! your week long vacation will be the best week of your life!!!! ;) C's goin to get down in J town!! hahah... i probably shouldn't have wrote that but I couldn't help myself. so feel free to delete this comment if you'd like!!

Jeri Housel said...

Hey, Cierra! I'm thrilled for you and Jon (Oh, this is Jeri, his cousin on the Sundberg side). Have fun on your vacation, and tell Jon i say hi and i miss the heck out of him. Also, want to thank you, you've put that 'look' back on his face. The look that says he's going to take on the world by storm, and love every minute of it. He's an awesome guy, and from what I hear, you are pretty awesome yourself. Can't wait to meet you. -Jeri

Anonymous said...

I think the best part of being married is that you actually can sleep!!! Chris and I would stay up so late because we didn't want to say goodbye. Now I'm like "whatever I'm going to bed!"

Zajanc Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Zajanc Family said...

I'm so happy for you C!! I miss you & can't wait to see you in December! Have fun on your cruise with your honey. I sent you an invite for my blog to your gmail account, let me know if you don't get it.

Kristy said...

CIERRA WE COULD NOT BE HAPPIER FOR YOU AND JON. WE LOVE YOU BOTH AND I AM ESPECIALLY GRATEFUL TO JON FOR THE HAPPINESS HE HAS BROUGHT YOU. YOU DESERVE IT.

Brittney said...

I am so excited you have a blog! Plus, I am excited you are getting married. We can't wait to meet him!Have a great time on your cruise! Don't forget us kids freezing at home!!:)

Cody and Jill said...

the best part of the wedding night will be NOT having to say good bye that night i am so excited for you to be in the next stage of your life and it is a great stage to be in.

Kendra said...

Hey Cierra! Hope you don't mind I found your blog! It is so cute to read how much you love your husband to be!! The newly wed fever is fun to catch :) Especially for those of us who have been married for 4 years and have gotten lost in the rush of life and kids. It is awesome that you have a blog of your pre-married life because you will be able to look back at it and read it and remember those feelings!! There isn't anything like it :) So, congrats and good luck!

Dave and Lindsay said...

Yah! I am so happy you have a blog! It is way cute! I didn't get your pictures though. Try sending them again to lindsaydrobbins@gmail.com

Unknown said...

"C" Ethan said your wedding dress is pretty and I had to fill him in on what the bride's pictures were. I want you to know that we had a tearful night when I told the boys we couldn't have Chase. Mikey wants to say goodbye before you give Chase up for adoption. We are so excited for you!

Corrine said...

Hey Cierra! I like this photo the most! Cute blog, have fun on your cruise!!!

Corri