Saturday, March 7, 2009

Emotional Roller Coaster


So, you would think Jon's wreck would be enough for us to take on right now. I guess not. He went back to work the Monday following the accident to find that his perfectly fine car (he was in his work van in the wreck) had the F word spray painted all over it. I don't understand vandalizing other people's property.

Then, the past 2 weeks I have been having some abdominal pain. I didn't think much of it until the past few nights when I have been waking up crying. Jon insisted that I go to the doctor tonight. I explain to the doctor where the pain is and that I've had an ovarian cyst and this pain is very similar. He decided to get a urine sample and came back and told me that I didn't have any kind of bladder infection but he asked when my last period was. I told him almost 4 weeks ago and he said "well, I did a pregnancy test.........................................and you're PREGNANT." There was a long period of silence and i broke out in tears and asked if he was kidding. I have been taking birth control, I did miss a couple of pills, and I thought there was no way. So, if that was not a big enough shock he explained to us that he thought I was having pain because it was and ectopic/tubal pregnancy (this is when the baby is in your fallopian tube rather than your uterus). He emphasized that it was life-threatening and he said we should go to the ER. After talking to my mom and her calling a dr, we headed to the ER. After 2 hours of blood tests, ultrasounds, and another urine test the doctor told us that everything looked good, but that he wanted to run some additional tests on Monday. Oh my goodness.......we have only been married 2 months, and I am 4 weeks along. We have cried so many tears tonight, but are definitely happy and excited now.

20 comments:

Corrine said...

Wow Cierra, what a shock! I know I would be completely dumbstruck if it were me and I've been married for a lot longer than you...ha ha!

I hope everything goes well, please keep me updated, thanks for sharing your unexpected news! ;)

Jake and Shannon said...

If anyone can handle it, it would be you. You're wonderful and I have no doubt that you wil be a wonderful mom too!

Kendra said...

Holy moly!!!!!! Congrats! So much for picking your brother up from France..... :) (hahaha, I meant that as a joke....) That is so awesome! Seriously, there is nothing better than kids! Congrats!!

the h fam. said...

oh my gosh C! i can't believe it! i hope it goes well for you! call me if you have any questions, i'm not a genius but i've read A LOT of stuff since i found out i was! keep us posted so we know that it is all going well! love you!

Anonymous said...

woww!! that's great news! so happy for you and that everything is going ok. sorry to here about his car - that totally sucks. does your insurance cover fixing it?

Jess. said...

Wow! Congratulations!
All the best,
Jess (Griffiths)

Mille said...

So sorry about the car Cierra! When I first moved into a rental home in Jerome, one of my side windows got shot out and it was one of the triangle windows that was like $400 to repair. It happens to the best of us! Congrats on the baby! Obviously its your time to have one!! :)

Brittney said...

Wow!I'm so sorry to hear about Jon's car. What a horrible thing. And how amazing that you are pregnant! I have found that no matter if you were planning on getting preg. or not it's still scary and it takes a bit to get used to! That's probably why we have 9 months to get used to the idea!! Congrats, you will be such a cute prego and a cute mommy!!

Anonymous said...

All I can say is wow. I have no words right now.

Kristy said...

I am so excited for you both. You will be an awesome mom C because you learned from the best!!! If there is one thing I think run in our family it is a good mom!!! love you both

Chris and Brianna said...

I guess it is all in what those Sundbergs have. My husband and I were married two months and found out we were four weeks pregnant too. I too was on birth control. Good Luck with everything on Monday. you are all in my prayers. PS...the little one that I was pregnant with couldn't have been a better blessing in our life. Just remember who is in charge. Congratulations...if you ever need to talk call us 903-328-8521.

Cody and Jill said...

HOLY CRAP WOW SPEECHLESS I AM SO EXCITED FOR YOU GUYS! IT IS AMZING WHAT HEAVENLY FATHERS'S PLANS ARE! I AM SO HAPPY THAT EVERYTHING IS OKAY! YEAH YOU ARE GOING TO BE SUCH A GREAT MOTHER OH I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THE BABY!!!

Alesha said...

You have every right to be on an emotional roller coaster! Congratulations, and we both hope that everything goes well with your tests today. We're so excited for both of you (except about the graffiti--no one's excited about that).

Olavesons said...

How exciting Cierra! Congrats!

Kraus said...

Congratulations!we are excited for you guys!

Sam, Sheerstie, Jaylee, and Caden said...

how fun is that!!!! i am so excited for you guys:)

Lori said...

I always did like roller coasters. I have had a week to absorb the news and I have had a hard time coping lately. I am so excited for a new baby. I have always loved babies. I just have been worried about Jon's schooling and accident. Please don't settle for less than what you really want in life. I will help you get there, you know that! I want everything for you and Jon and my grandbaby! Take good care of yourself; you only get one shot to do this right. And remember that I love you and I will always love you know matter what! Mom

Jeri Housel said...

Oh my gosh, Jon's gonna be a daddy! I'm sorry things were so bad there, I pray all goes well for both (I mean all three) of you! Keep us up to date! Love you both!

Megan Jo Eddie said...

You're going to do great! You're such a strong person and I'm confident everything will turn out just right. So much to take in at a crazy time in your life. We'll keep you in our prayers and let us know if you need anything. We love you!

Zajanc Family said...

Congrats!! That is awesome news!!