Saturday, February 21, 2009

Time with Jon


Today Jon and I are just chilling at home. He was in a car wreck yesterday in the work van and I have to watch him for 24 hours as part of the neurological evaluation. (He hit is head pretty hard, but we can't decide what he hit it on because there are red lines right where he hit). He's doing great neurologically.

I'll give you the scenario. Jon was following a car yesterday at about 12:30, he was about 200ft behind when the driver pulled of to the side of the road. Jon continued down the road at about 45 mph when he noticed that car making a u-turn. He swerved out of the way so that they didn't t-bone and she hit is right rear tire. It flipped him around and his work van was on two tires. I was at the UDA convention and happened to look at my phone and he was calling me which never happens while he is at work so I thought I'd better answer it. He sounded upset and told me what had happened. He said his neck and back were killing him. My friends and I left the convention and picked him up at the car dealership where the van had been towed to.

My friends took us to our house to get our car and we had to go to Jon's work and then to the dr. I hate dr's offices and this was not one of my better experiences. The dr. did a neurological exam and felt all of Jon's aches and pains. She decided they'd better do some x-rays of his back and neck and a urinalysis. He left the room and I was out. I slept the whole time he was gone, which was about 20 minutes. We waited another half and hour for the dr. to come back in the room. She said the x-rays were good, so it was probably a lot of muscle damage and prescribed him percocet and physical therapy. I was given strict orders not to fill the percocet until after my 24 hour neurological exam. Jon has been begging me to go fill it, so I'll go do it as soon as I'm done with this. Once the dr. did her final neurological exam she said we could go. We didn't know this meant go wait in the other room while they fill out all of the workman's comp forms. We finally left there and I was exhausted. I can't imagine how Jon felt. He was in a lot of pain.

I have some sweet pictures of Jon in his hospital gown, which hopefully he'll let me post some day. I feel so bad for him. The only benefit to all of this is that he gets to play x-box. As he was coming to bed last night he looked like a robot. I think I am the worst wife ever. I could not help but sing the Styx song "Mr. Roboto." I only got through about 5 words before we were both laughing hysterically. He has a hard time just relaxing and I get really mad at him when he tries to do stuff around the house.

I have such a great friend. My friend Angie asked what she could do to help and I told her we'd be okay, but she insisted on bringing us dinner. Her husband made his famous spaghetti accompanied with french bread. It was delicious. Thanks Angie and Greg!

5 comments:

Cody and Jill said...

Well that was a lot i am sorry that he is hurt and happy it isn't worst, well i hope all is going well and he is feeling better soon.

Anonymous said...

Oh wow!!! I'm glad that Jon is okay. Too bad you missed out on the rest of convention because it was super fun....

Zajanc Family said...

That really stinks, but I'm glad he is alright now.

Karl & Cathy said...

I'm glad to hear that Jon is ok!! I hope your holding up alright!! Give him a big hug from all of us!!

the h fam. said...

glad all is well and that you got some sweet spagetti!