Thursday, December 4, 2008

Our Cruise
















On Sunday we got home from our 7 night Western Caribbean cruise. It was amazing. We had such a great time. My parents, Grandma and Grandpa Olsen, Blake Shyenne, Jon and I had the time of our lives. Our first 2 days were on the ship. Our first port was Labadee, Haiti which is owned by Royal Caribbean. We decided to do the zip lines. Believe it or not this is the excursion that my grandma chose. Our second port was Ochos Rios, Jamaica. We met our friend Shun there and went to Dunn's River Falls. It was so much fun to climb up the water falls. Blake and Jon had to do it twice in the time the rest of us did it once to prove a point, I still don't know what that point was. Our third port was in the Grand Caymans. We were able to swim with the sting rays. My mom was put on a different boat that took us out to the sand bar. I think she enjoyed the time alone. I liked touching the sting rays but didn't like feeding them after one sucked my finger in his mouth along with the food. Our last port was Cozumel, Mexico. This was one of my favorite days. We went shopping for a couple of hours and then just layed out by the beach. It doesn't get much better than that. The last day on ship was a lot of fun. We did everything that we hadn't yet had the chance to do. I had never been ice skating so Jon and I went to the skating rink for part of the day. We were in a dodge ball tournament later that afternoon and we got our trash kicked. Let's just say we were only in the game long enough for one of our friend's dad to get 3 pictures. It was so hard to leave. Especially since Jon was on different flights from the rest of us.


On Sunday night I got sick. I puked all of our cruise food in a couple of hours. There was a virus going around the ship and I think I got it. I told Jon I was sick and he felt so bad, but he got back to Idaho at 2a.m. and being 4 hours away there was not a whole lot he could do to help me. I felt a little better at school but was exhausted from the long night. I was in the hall before my 1:00 class and one of my friend's told me she thought she saw flowers with my name out front. I thought that was so sweet. As I proceeded down the hall here came Jon with beautiful roses. I said, "what are you doing here?" He wanted to make me feel better and thought this was the best way. He went into work that morning and they had someone there filling in for him because they didn't think he'd be back til Tuesday, so they told him to take the day off. He went and looked at apartments in classified during my last class. When I was done with school he took me home and made me chicken noodle soup and definitiely made me feel better. He is amazing and I am so truly blessed to get to marry him in 27 days!

12 comments:

Zajanc Family said...

That is so super sweet of Jon to surprise you! Sounds like you had an amazing time on your cruise!

Kendra said...

Sounds like you found a winner! What a sweet man! And, I am SOOO jealous of your cruise! I have always heard that feeding and swimming with the sting rays is amazing...I have always thought it sounded like death :) I miss you too and would love to get together. I will FOR SURE be at your wedding reception. In fact, given my emotional state of mind I will probably even cry! :) But, we all know that we are all a bunch of ball babies. I have a ton of pictures from dance to prove that.

Kristy said...

OOOOOOOOH! WE LOVE JON AND ARE SO EXCITED TO HAVE HIM IN OUR FAMILY. WHEN I TOLD JON TO PLEASE TAKE CARE OF C I NEVER EXPECTED HIM TO EXCEED MY EXPECTATIONS!!! THANKS JON. COOL SUNGLASSES IN THE 1ST PIC. IT SOUNDS LIKE YOU HAD A BLAST. WE ARE ON THE COUNTDOWN WITH YOU! LOVE YOU BOTH

FAV AUNT KRIS

TriStateIBA said...

Sounds like you all had a ton of fun. The pictures of all of you in the harnesses are super funny! Jill tagged me so know you are it. You will have to go to her blog to figure it out. See you soon. Love Aunt Connie

Zajanc Family said...

Yes, I will for sure be in town & would love to come to and see you!!!!! I'm so excited & miss you like crazy too! But most of all I'm so happy for you and Jon! I wish I could go to the wedding... Keep me posted!

Mille said...

AWW! How nice!! I'm so happy for you!! Being married is the best thing, especially when its with someone who truly loves you and wants to take care of you!! That cruise sounds way fun too..totally jealous!

the h fam. said...

he sounds so sweet! i'm happy for you C!

Brittney said...

ok, Kevin and I went on a Mexican Riviera cruise.. and yours was soooo much better! I want to go to Jamaica so badly! Ok and... in the 3rd picture Sheynne totally looks like Fifer! Weird.What an awesome g.ma to want to do all the crazy things! I wouldn't want to feed the sting rays after they tried to eat me either! And... seriously you are very blessed C Jon sounds very considerate of you. Just make sure that you are making him feel just as special! I can't wait to see you!! AND meet this special guy of yours! Love ya!

Brittney said...

Ok I love reading all the comments on any of the dance girls blogs because most of them are from dance girls! :) And we will all BAWL!!!!!!!!!!! Good grief you women are making me crazy! I just want to play and dance with you all again!!!!

the h fam. said...

hey i'm planning on a little christmas get together when sho is in town. we'll do it at my house. i don't think i have your cell number any more so i'll need that. we're thinking around the 22 or 23. let me know what your plans are!

Cody and Jill said...

So glad you had a great time and the two of you even better together with a tan :) i want more picture of the week. i am so happy for you C and the man of your dreams that you found can't wait to see you all dressed up for your wedding and the big party YEAH!!!

Anonymous said...

c that is so cute!! i'm so happy for you! you guys make such a cute, good-looking couple! i can't wait to get your announcement. you look gorgeous, by the way! and again, i'm so happy for you!! tell your mom hi for me.