Thursday, February 12, 2009

7 Interesting Facts About Myself

I was tagged by my mom. I don't know 7 "interesting" facts about myself, but I'll give it a try.

1. I met Jon online. This is weird, I know. I heard it from my dad every day for a couple of months. No matter where we met, I'm glad we did. We were definitely meant to be together. (My dad loves Jon, in fact, I think he loves him more than me.)

2. I love patients who have a lot of build up, "calculus," on their teeth. It is so gratifying to watch it chunk off. I love when the pieces are too big for the suction. It is definitely a great patient education tool. They have a hard time believing that was on their tooth.

3. I love dental hygiene. I thought I wanted to be a dentist for the majority of my life, but changed to dental hygiene during my first semester of college. I am so grateful that I made this choice. I love the interaction with my patients. I love being at their side for hours at a time. I love helping them improve their oral hygiene and help arrest any periodontal diseases they might have.

4. I am very close to my extended family. I know all of my 2nd cousins and a lot of my 3rd cousins. I am one of the oldest grandkids so a lot of people mistake my cousins as my nieces and nephews which is fine by me.

5. I rarely wear makeup to school. (sorry mom!) It's not that I don't want to, I just choose to sleep 15 more minutes instead. I figure if I'm showered that is most important. It's hard to make blue scrubs and a ponytail look cute with or without makeup.

6. I'm currently stressed out of my mind. My board exams are coming up and that is really taking a toll on me. I am usually pretty good about keeping it all together but that has not been the case this week. I leave for school at 7a.m. get home around 6 p.m., work til 8 p.m. then I'm supposed to have the ambition to study. I wish. Hopefully things will slow down a little after this weekend. My national written board is March 24th, anesthesia board April 29th and 30th and my clinical board is May 1st and 2nd. Good news is....I'm almost done with school. Graduation is April 27th :)

7. I am baby hungry! I have told Jon that I want to wait 6 years to have kids. Deep down in my heart it has always been 2 or 3. We babysat the cutest baby about a month ago and it made me so baby hungry. It was all I could think about for 3 days. Reality set in, but I admitted to Jon that I more realistically want to try in 2 rather than 6 years. I now have added motivation to wait. My mom said it would be hard to go to Paris with a baby, so I guess we'll start trying May 2011 :)

I tag: Cathy, Kristy, Olivia, and Kendra

6 comments:

Lori said...

Cierra, honestly, no makeup? I'm glad you have such a sweet spirit! LOL! Maybe you could sleep in every other day. Sometimes I worry about you, but I always love you. Remember that this time will pass quickly. You will be done with school before you know it and maybe we can take a girl's trip in July to Vegas. I love you!

Suzy Q said...

I love you! I can't wait until we graduate either. It is going to be so nice to spend time with our families.
Oh, by the way...you looked BEAUTIFUL on your wedding! What a hottie! You two are very cute together! Have a good weekend.

Brittney said...

Ok, I have heard some weird stuff about Dental people but seriously... watching it chunk off!! :) don't worry I don't wear my makeup unless I have to! I know I should be better! 6 years for a baby?! WOW You are so cute C I love ya! BTW... I can't read your font very well the color is to dark for me! Could you lighten it up a bit?! Please?! :) love ya!

Cody and Jill said...

That was really fun to read, and paris trip is really good birth control. i know how you feel when your are doing your job and cleaning somethign that others get grossed out by but when you are done and it looks TEN times better.Good luck with the end of your school. Your so amazing! I have a job for you to do when you havetime Cody needs his teeth cleaned LOL

Jake and Shannon said...

If you ever want some free birth control, you should ask your bishop if you could work in the nursery or with the sunbeams. That will stop you from being baby hungry right on the spot!

Anonymous said...

Oh Cierra....you have the rest of your life to be a parent....at least that's what I keep telling myself to keep the baby blues away. It's driving me crazy with everyone getting pregnant...I'm secretly very envious. Enjoy the time you have with Jon. Chris and I have almost been married 4 years and I wouldn't give the alone time up for anything. It has been worth the wait.