Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Grandma Gwen


High School Graduation


Utah College of Dental Hygiene Graduation

I lost this amazing woman last night. We had no idea that this was coming. Her health was good until we discovered some heart complications last month. We were told that it was caught early and that with surgery she would probably have 15 more years. I knew she missed my grandpa, but I thought they wouldn't reunite for many more years. I know that she was greeted in Heaven by many loved ones. She is able to be with her parents, husband, brother, grandson, and children (Blake and Sheri). Although they are happy to be together again there is a lot of heart ache here on Earth.

I was so blessed to grow up close to my grandparents. I always knew that they loved their grandchildren. I have been told that my grandma is in Heaven rocking my baby and that she is probably warning her about my card playing and how many times she had to purchase "Old Maid," because I destroyed it. I loved playing cards with my grandparents. When I was in high school I would go to their house and play almost every Sunday night. I missed those Sundays once I moved away to college. My grandma was so good about taking us to our various activities, but she often ran a little behind. I'll never forget the time I told her if I was more than 10 minutes late to ballet I had to sit out. She was determined to get me there on time, and drove 90mph down the Lewisville Hwy. I made it!

Grandma loved her garden and it got bigger and bigger every year. This fall i bottled 18 pints of salsa with tomatoes that she grew in her garden. I will miss walking in and hearing her play the piano. My grandma was an amazing pianist. I love my grandma with all of my heart. It is my grandparents together who made my dad the man that he is. I am so lucky to have such an amazing father and I hope that I can be there for him. I can't even comprehend what he and his siblings are going through. Losing both parents in just a few short months is one of the most difficult things I can imagine. I love my family and am so grateful for each and every member of it.

I LOVE YOU GRANDMA GWENNIE!

8 comments:

Lori said...

Cierra,
How did I get such an amazing daughter? I have prayed for you endlessly since last night. I hope Heavenly Father knows that we can't cope anymore. I love you. I know Grandma loved you. Lean on those around you.

Brittany said...

C! I was shocked when you told me what happened. Gwen was an amazing person! She was always kind and always said hello. She is one of the few inividuals that makes Lewisville...well Lewisville. :)She is going to be missed terribly by everyone I'm sure. You and your family are in my prayers. *Hugs* Love you

Cody and Jill said...

Cierra i am soo soo sorry for your Family and that this was so soon for you and your family. It was so nice to visit with her at your baby shower she comforted me and we cried together over my life challenges right now. she is such an amazing person. she will for sure be missed in my life. talk to you soon love ya you and your dear family are in my thoughts

Anonymous said...

Cierra I'm so sorry for your loss!! My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Love ya!

Brittney said...

What an awesome grandma! It's hard that she left so soon, but after reading your story, it's almost like she just wanted to be with your grandpa. How great that you had such awesome memories! I know she's with your baby! I love you C and I'll keep you in my prayers.

Megan Jo Eddie said...

my prayers are with you and your family! I only met her one time, but what a sweetheart she was and made you instantly feel loved. I love the thought of her rocking your baby and preparing her for you! I love you Cierra, please let me know if you need anything.

Camie and Beau said...

Ceirra, I am so sorry for your loss. I love you and our prayers are with you and your sweet family. Just think...you Grandma probably got to meet your little one before she comes to this earth...what a blessing it is to know what we know...families are forever. Keep us posted. Love ya!

Mille said...

So sorry!! Just remember you will never be given more than you can handle. You are strong, and stay strong for your little baby, family and husband! Cherish those memories, the ones with grandma are the best. :)