Monday, October 12, 2009

Where has the time gone?


Megan and me at my baby shower

I can't believe it has been almost 3 months since my last post. It has been busy, but probably not that busy. I will try and catch everyone up on what we have been up to.

August- Jon and I finished our lamaze class. We learned a lot, but there are some things that I wish I could have just not learned about or seen. I had a harder time watching the videos than Jon did. Jon started going back to school full time at Salt Lake Community College. He still works M-F from 8-5 then goes to school M-T from 5:30-7:00 or 5:30-10:00. He is doing very well and I am so proud of him for all of his hard work.

September- Jon and I both had family reunions in September. Mine was Labor Day Weekend and his was the following weekend. It was so good to see a lot of family that we only see a few times each year. I stayed at my parents house for a week and handed out resumes in Southeast Idaho. It is one of two places that we are hoping to get to move to in December. On September 26th, my cousin Megan threw me a baby shower. It was so much fun and so cute. We lucked out and got a lot of great gifts. I didn't think we would need more than my car to go home, but I was wrong! Luckily we had some friends coming to Utah in a truck the next day and they brought some of the larger items. Megan is so creative and it was decorated so well. Thanks again Megan, it was perfect.

October- We went to Frightmares at Lagoon for the first time on October 3rd. It was fun and the weather was perfect. I love to ride rides and had a hard time sitting out. I took my fair share of rides on the train and the sky ride. :) They had a hypnotist and our friends and I told Jon he should volunteer. He went on stage and it was hilarious! My mom would have been so proud. I wish they would have sold a dvd of it, it would be awesome black mail. He got to show us his many talents: butt drumming, beauty pageant contestant (not a good loser), and the best Village Person! Jon took me through one of the haunted houses and enjoyed hearing me scream a few times. I don't like people jumping out at me or following me, especially in the dark. This past weekend we went to visit our friends Tyler and Amber who moved to Cedar City a couple of months ago. We had a great time. We went shopping, to In&Out, went to the St. George temple (witnessed a bride get cold feet), went to the movie Couples Retreat and Amber and I enjoyed girl talks while the boys played Xbox. We had such a great time and are so lucky to have such good friends. I am having one more baby shower in Utah on October 24th. My mom and grandma are going to come a day early and help me get some things ready for the baby.

Baby Update- I am officially 36 weeks today. We are very excited, but wish our baby would turn and get ready for her debut! She is breech. I am in the 10% of people whose baby is still breech at this point. At 39 weeks only 5% are usually still breech, so there is still a chance. Next week we will go to the hospital and my OB will try and turn her by pushing on my stomach. I heard it is very uncomfortable, but we are willing to give it a try. He monitors her heart rate and watches with an ultrasound the entire time. They do it at the hospital, because her heart rate could drop significantly or the cord could wrap around her neck which would both require an emergency C Section. There is also a chance that it could put me into labor. The chances that it will work are less than 50% but we think it is worth it. If it doesn't work we will schedule a c section and our OB will check each week and just make sure she hasn't turned on her own. I was sad when I first found out I would probably have to have a c section, but luckily there are some benefits: My mom and dad will be in town and I can pick her birthday (which will be during week 39 :)).

I hope everyone is having a great fall and I promise to post pictures as soon as she gets here!

9 comments:

Tyler and Amber said...

sooo exciting! can't wait! love ya! xoxoxo

Brittney said...

Busy Busy! I know I didn't post hardly anything all summer long either! Oh well! But, the real issue is that I need and want to see pics of your cute tummy! I hope she turns before next week! Oh well! She'll come when she comes and she'll be beautiful!

Karl & Cathy said...

How exciting!!! Can't wait to finally meet her!!
love you guys!

Kim said...

Finally! Thanks for the update! I get frustrated at your lack of updates you know.....love ya!

Megan Jo Eddie said...

Thank you so much for your sweet post. You are so cute! I'm so glad I got a chance to get to know you and your family even better. I just love being around you all. Glad you got all the presents home also. I hope you got the picture book too, let me know if you don't.

Carly said...

How exciting! Good luck and I can't wait to see pictures! :)

Anonymous said...

sounds like the two of you have been busy!!! I can't wait to see pictures of the cute little one!!! Hope you're doing okay.

Cody and Jill said...

wow you guys have been busy Cody and I went to Couples Retreat just last night. So the baby sundberg is on her way soon i can't wait to see her yeah i am so excited for you two. It was so nice to see your sweet family again at your baby shower. It was so fun good luck with the next few week left and i better get a phone call from someone about the news okay :)

Lori said...

How did I miss this post. You are my precious baby. I am excited for you to experience the joy you have brought to my life.

I love you eternally!