Monday, May 4, 2009

Graduation


With Shyenne and the hilarious card she gave me

Jon and me

Grandpa and Grandma Olsen with me

My Dad, Grandma Ellsworth, me and Aunt Nancy

Jon, my in-laws, and me

My parents and me

Shyenne, Grandma Linda, Me, My Mom

My Grandma Linda and Me

It is bad when your mom tells you that you need to update your blog. I'm done.....well, almost. I graduated last Monday, and can't believe how quickly the past 4 years have gone by. I took my anesthesia boards 2 days later (Wednesday) and passed. This is the only board that we find out our results the day we take it. On Thursday, I found out that our entire class passed the National written boards (350 questions and 8 hours long) that we took in March. I am so proud of my classmates. We have really worked together to help each other succeed. I surprised myself and did better than I imagined. I received an 85% and was above the national average. On Friday I took my clinical board. I had to "clean" 1/4 of a patient's mouth in 2.5 hours. This seems simple, but you have no idea what a person can build up in their mouth having never had their teeth cleaned in 27 years. My patient was very reliable and funny. When I would ask if he was okay he would tell me "I'm fine, but are you okay?" I have to wait 4 weeks to get the results of my clinical board. If I pass, I just have to apply for my license and I can finally start practicing. I am so grateful for everyone's love, support, and prayers. Thank You!! Today has been such a great day. I was able to work out, run errands, clean and I'm going to make dinner! It feels weird to not have to study. I hope everyone is having a great Monday.

10 comments:

Karl & Cathy said...

Congratulations!!!

GregOlsen said...

I, for one, can imagine how hard it must have been to only have 2 1/2 hours.

Cody and Jill said...

how can i tell you how proud of you I am you have worked so hard since 1st grade knowing that you wanted to be in this field and you did it and i always knew you would you are such amazing person and friend! I can't wait to see how a great mother you will be! CONGRATS!!!!

The Oswalds said...

OH CIERRA!!! I just ran into your blog and caught up on your life!!!! Let's just say WOW! CONGRATS on graduating first off! I'm so proud of you, remeber I told you that you would be a mom before a dentist in high school? Well.... it looks like you are going to be a mom CONGRATS!!! And you are a "mommy dentist" I guess I didn't quite have everything right but I was close! That is so awesome! I'm sorry to hear about Kyle! And I hope things get easier with Blake, however, I will be in your shoes in a few months. I'm going to miss my little bro too. Well I'm just so amazed at your life. Congrats on all!!

the h fam. said...

congrats C! way to go! the whole teeth thing kind of grosses me out, but somebody's gotta do it! how is the pregnancy going? i want some pics!

Anonymous said...

yay c!! so happy for you. i'm not surprised you scored above average! of course you would. :) i bet it feels so nice not having to study. it felt great to me after finishing another semester! but i'm sure it was much better for you. you look beautiful in your pics!

Kristy said...

Cierra I am so proud. I am glad that you know have time to update your blog. Just wait a few more months and you will be like all of us with kids. Updating your blog between 10 and midnight. Love Ya

Zajanc Family said...

Congratulations C!! I'm so proud and happy for you!

Lori said...

Yay! I just received a raise. I don't have to pay on your student loan anymore! At least that's what your dad says. Honestly though, I couldn't be more proud of you than I am now! Will you please tell Shawna that I would like an invite to her blog? Love, Mom

Sam, Sheerstie, Jaylee, and Caden said...

Cierra!!! Congrats on Graduating!!! That is so awesome!! My sister-in-law graduated from that same school 2 years ago and i remember how stressful it was for her during the final exams. You will be a great Hygienist.