Monday, May 11, 2009

My Mom...Better one day late than never :)


One of the many times my mom and I were asked if we were sisters, celebrating my 19th birthday in VEGAS!

Words cannot express how much I love my mom. She is absolutely amazing. I hope and pray that my children will love me as much as I love her. I have always considered her to be my best friend. She has always been very stylish and I would much rather have her pick out my clothes than me. She looks great for her age, not that she is old, she just doesn't look like she could be a grandma! On several occasions we have been asked if we are sisters. My first response is to inform them that she is my mom not my sister, but then I let her enjoy the compliment. This happens often when my mom, sister and I go out. The waiter will ask who wants the check and Shy and I look at each other like here we go again. We kindly tell the waiter that our mom would love it. :) When they tell us they don't believe it we tease her and say they just want a big tip. My mom, grandma, and I went to get manicures and pedicures the day of my graduation. The lady who was painting my nails said, "so are you two sisters with your mother." I said, "she is my mom and she is my grandma." The lady was completely confused. She did not believe me and insisted that lady was not old enough to have a daughter who was married. I think she would have fainted if I told her she was also soon to be a grandma. Anyone who has had my mom as a nurse knows that she is the best. Her bedside manner is unbelievable. I know that her patients are always well taken care of. I am grateful for all of the many important lessons she has taught me and for all of the love she always shows. I am grateful to be a part of the family that I am and I wouldn't trade it for the world. Thanks MOM! I love you!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love your mom too! she's a great person! that's so funny they always think you guys are sisters. how fun. and i know you are going to be a fantastic mom c! no doubt about it!

Lori said...

We both know that I have good kids because they choose to be good not because I am a good Mom! (just ask Blake) Thank you for the tribute but more than that thank you for being my constant ray of sunshine. I am blessed beyond belief. You will be an amazing mom! Of course I will be out of control spoiling my grandchild! I can't wait! I love you Cierra!

Mille said...

aww how nice Cierra! You're mom is the best! I can totally relate to the great looking mom thing. My mom looks young too! Noone has really ever commented, but she sure does look like she could be my sister too!
Hope you had a happy mothers day!!:)

Kristy said...

Both of you look so beautiful in this picture. I know sometimes your mom likes it when people mistake her for me, seem I am the younger sis, But What she may not know is how much I love it when they mistake me for her. I have always been envious of how beautiful your Mom is. I hope I have passed on her beauty gene to my girls as she has onto hers. I love you.

the h fam. said...

who doesn't love lori? i mean seriously, it's kind of hard not to do!! .....ANDD how is your pregnancy going? hello, updates are needed ASAP!